Waiting on Wednesday: No Place to Fall

Wednesday 1 October 2014


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where the participants tell their readers about an upcoming release they are waiting to read. This week I've picked No Place to Fall by Jaye Robin Brown.


16144570
Amber Vaughn is a good girl. She sings solos at church, babysits her nephew after school, and spends every Friday night hanging out at her best friend Devon’s house. It’s only when Amber goes exploring in the woods near her home, singing camp songs with the hikers she meets on the Appalachian Trail, that she feels free—and when the bigger world feels just a little bit more in reach.

When Amber learns about an audition at the North Carolina School of the Arts, she decides that her dream—to sing on bigger stages—could also be her ticket to a new life. Devon’s older (and unavailable) brother, Will, helps Amber prepare for her one chance to try out for the hypercompetitive arts school. But the more time Will and Amber spend together, the more complicated their relationship becomes . . . and Amber starts to wonder if she’s such a good girl, after all.

Then, in an afternoon, the bottom drops out of her family’s world—and Amber is faced with an impossible choice between her promise as an artist and the people she loves. Amber always thought she knew what a good girl would do. But between “right” and “wrong,” there’s a whole world of possibilities.

Aside from the pretty cover (which sort of reminds me of 'Let's Get Lost' by Adi Alsaid), this one sounds like a YA contemporary read which has the potential to be really interesting 

Releasing 9th December 2014

12 comments :

  1. I do like the cover for this one but Celine hated it and we agree quite a lot so I don't think I'll be reading this until I see some positive reviews from trusted bloggers. I hope you enjoy it though, girly :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair enough, the cover is nice and the story sounds good in theory but I suppose it won't appeal to everyone. I'm looking forward to what some other bloggers will think of it too before I get into it, just to have an idea of what to expect. I'm hoping that it turns out well though :) Thanks for stopping by Mel!

      Delete
  2. I'm actually pretty looking forward to this one. Though yeah, the does DOES remind me a lot of Let's Get Lost. :P Still, I love the sound of the story, so I'll be sure to at least give it a chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound like it has potential for sure. If I do get to read it, I'll definitely be going into it with an open mind!

      Delete
  3. This one sounds awesome!! I was in a Twitter pitch competition for one of my novels, and this author (who was one of the mentors kind of thing) chose mine to go to the next round <3 So I totally knew her before it was cool. Can't wait to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow that is pretty cool! Here's to hoping we both enjoy it :)

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a really cute book, but it reminds me a lot of Let's Get Lost which I didn't enjoy too much, because it was wishy washy. Great pick though Eugenia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't mind Let's Get Lost, but I'm hoping that this one will surpass that, which it has the potential to so I guess I'll see how it goes :)

      Delete
  5. This sounds like a cute book, but I've read waaay too many books with this cliche topic so I'll need to see a lot of positive reviews before picking it up. I hope you enjoy it heaps though lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Joy :) It doeshet sound like a lot of the other contemporaries out there, but I'm hoping that it still manages to deliver *something* different (fingers crossed)!

      Delete
  6. Ooh, I actually thought that was a John Green cover then, but I can see the similarities between this one and Let's Get Lost, which was not too bad a read, a bit shallow though. Going to keep an eye out for the early reviews and see how others rate it. Nice pick poppet, thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have that vibe doesn't it? I guess time will tell to see how it stacks up!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment below - I love reading them!