Genie's Weekly News (4)

Sunday 12 October 2014


Hi everyone and welcome to my weekly blog feature to recap the week with bookish news and what to expect coming up! So without further ado...

*Reading Right Now*

1723465811066198
One for leisure in time for the HarperCollins event coming up, and the other for required reading since I'm studying it at the moment.


*Previous Posts*

*Recommendation of the Week*


Click for goodreads link
I just finished Shattered recently, and if you're looking for an awesome YA dystopian series that depicts a world not too far off from our own, then I'd definitely recommend Slated

*From The Interwebs*


*Book Haul*

A big thank you to Bloomsbury Publishers Australia for these books!


  • Conjured by Sarah Beth Durst - From the sounds of things this is going to be a creepy read, and I'm looking forward to it!
  • Starry Nights by Daisy Whitney - I like the look of this with the magical realism aspect and it seems like a light romantic read.
  • Whisper the Dead by Alyxandra Harvey - I LOVED the first book in 'The Lovegrove Legacy' and have been excited for this sequel ever since!

10 comments :

  1. I should really get onto reading A Thousand Pieces of You in time for the HarperCollins night!! I might start reading that soon instead of Golden (though I really want to read that as well!). The Spy Who Came in From the Cold looks interesting though I've actually never heard of it...now I just have to pick some related texts on discovery, haha :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always hard to choose when to read books when there are a few you want to get to right away! Good luck in your quest for related texts :)

      Delete
  2. Okay those covers for the Slated series? THEY'RE BEAUTIFUL. Call me shallow (nah, don't) but I'm reading them on COVERS ALONE! *dashes to library website* Awww, thank for linking to my world domination post. I'm honoured. I will ascend to the crown sooner than I thought at this rate. *nods*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not shallow at all Cait - and to be honest, the covers are what first drew me into the series as well. I hope you get to read them, they're a fantastic YA dystopian series that could still be quite realistic. And yes, I think your chances at word domination are rising quite quickly now ;)

      Delete
  3. Oooh! I'm starting A Thousand Pieces of You as well! I read Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy which I LOVED so maybe I should check out The Spy Who Came in From the Cold. It looks like a good one and I love his writing! I've put of Slated for aaaaggggess but it sounds like you loved it. Perhaps I should give it a go! I hope you have a good upcoming week (I'll see you at the Harper Collins event, I suppose :P) Happy reading! x Thank you so much for the link up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm about 100 pages in at the moment and loving it already. You should definitely read Slated! See you at the event :)

      Delete
  4. I look forward to seeing what you think of A Thousand Pieces of You. That cover. Is. Amazing. I've been meaning to read the rest of the Slated series (I've only read the first)--in fact, I borrowed Shattered from the library yesterday thinking it was the second book. Sigh. Why must I do this all the time?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is stunning! I'm sure at the rate I'm going and judging by how fantastic it is so far, I'll be finished it soon and have a review up :) Don't worry, I've done the same thing with book series order mix-ups. I hope you enjoy the rest of the series :)

      Delete
  5. I never hear that much about the Slated series so it's fantastic that you enjoyed it, gives me hope to start it soon! Lovely few books this week, enjoy then hunny! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it' an underrated YA series that I'd definitely recommend! Thanks for stopping by Amanda :)

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment below - I love reading them!