20 Things You Might Not Know About Me Tag

Monday 13 October 2014

I was tagged by Emily @ The Loony Teen Writer to participate in this post so you guys can get to know a little more about the girl behind the blog - me!

How tall are you?


Ummm I haven't measured my height in a while but last time I checked I was around 5" 4' which is about average I guess?

Do you have a hidden talent? If so, what?

Not really - although I can play the piano (arguably I'm far from being the next Beethoven or Mozart). Others include the ability to:

- stack books pretty high (this has become a must since my bookshelf space is diminishing quickly)
- manage to lose things even if I've seen it a second ago (not always the case - but it happens often enough)
- be organised (sticky notes and to-do lists, along with my diary make life so much easier when there is studying to do!)
- It's not so much a 'talent' per se, but I've always been a public speaker/debater in my school days which I've found enjoyable (although yes - it still does get pretty nerve-wracking at times!). 

What’s your biggest blog-related pet peeve?


Coding or formatting not working right. Especially when it comes to HTML - if there is just one tiny error, the whole thing you're working on goes out of wack. 

What’s your biggest non-blog-related pet peeve?

As said above, losing things is really irritating, especially if its something important (like a book for instance). Even when I'm organised, misplacing things does happen. There is this one orange wallet I owned years ago but have not found to this day. It's like it just went... 


What’s your favourite song?

My song tastes change from time to time, and it's impossible to pick one, but I still really like Lana Del Rey, The XX and The Paper Kites. 

What’s your favourite Etsy store that isn’t yours?

I don't have an Etsy store, or use it.

What’s your favourite way to spend your free time when you’re alone?

Reading!



What’s your favourite junk food?

Now here's where it really gets difficult...I'm usually more of a savoury person when it comes to my favourite foods, but I like my sweets too. I had this choc-corn which was the perfect balance of the two and is basically fancy flavoured popcorn of the best kind. Pods are awesome too and are great for study motivation (provided you ration them out correctly which I *may* have forgotten last time I had a packet handy). 

Do you have a pet?

Mitsy and Milly are my two guinea pigs I got six years ago. Unfortunately, Milly passed away earlier this year - so technically I only have one now, but Mitsy's still going strong (even if in guinea-pig terms she's pretty much a pensioner at this stage). 

Mitsy and Milly
What is your top favourite fiction and non-fiction book?

DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO PICK JUST ONE!? Impossible. So I will just have to narrow it down to a few. My favourite fiction books are A Waltz for Matilda by Jackie French and Slammed by Colleen Hoover, and when it comes to non-fiction my Horrible Histories books take top spot. I went through a massive phase with them a few years ago and ended up buying the box set with twenty books in it! I am a bit of a history buff, and yes - I still watch the TV show. 


What’s your favourite beauty product?

I don't wear make-up all the time, but when I do my BB cream, tinted lib balm and mascara are essentials. 

When were you last embarrassed? What happened?

It was embarrassing when I think somebody said my name and then I turned around and said 'yes?' but it turns out they were looking for a Jenny instead and gave me a weird look. Granted, it was in a crowded corridor, but awkward nonetheless.

If you could only drink one beverage (besides water) for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Mango-flavoured green iced tea. 

What’s your favourite movie?

Again, this is a hard question. The Harry Potter movies will always be favourites of mine, but I also really enjoyed Inception and The Book Thief.

What were you in highschool? (Prom queen, nerd, cheerleader, jock, band geek, valedictorian,  loner, artist, prep, etc.?)

My reaction to this question.
Firstly, I think that this is aimed at a more American audience, and in any case - I don't think there's a need to define people by stereotypes anyway. 

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

Honestly, I don't think I'd want to live anywhere else permanently other than Australia - but London or Paris would be nice. 

PC or Mac?

I've never owned a Mac so I would have to go with PC. 

Last romantic gesture from a crush, date, boy/girlfriend, spouse?

Book boyfriends are pretty romantic - in a *I wish you were real but I know that perfection isn't* kind of way. 

Favourite celebrity?

I don't usually keep up with all the celebrity gossip, and I don't really have just one celebrity that I'd label as my favourite; but Shailene Woodley and Emma Watson are both very talented. 

What blogger do you secretly want to be best friends with?

All of them, but I've met some pretty amazing ones so far already! *squishy hugs*

14 comments :

  1. LOVELY GETTING TO KNOW YOU :D Go the piano players. I love Pods as well - although they are seriously so addictive. It's scary. And I've done the awkward "turn around when someone's looking for someone else" thing. I usually just pretend I'M looking for someone, lol :P then I...um, run. Because that is the only way to escape from embarrassing situations :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for finding another piano-playing blogger! Pods are indeed way too addictive for 'normal' consumption - 'only having one' quickly turns into three, and so on. Lol that sounds like a pretty good way to get out of an embarrassing situation!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, such a fantastic post, Eugenia - I loved getting to know more about you! <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about Milly! :( I've never had a pet before so I don't know what losing one must feel like, but it would have been hard. These posts are so great, though--I love reading more about other bloggers. That snape gif made me laugh. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She had a good guinea-piggy life at least :) I *knew* I had to find that exact Snape gif because for some reason a lot of the time when I say 'obviously', that's the one Harry Potter moment that I remember!

      Delete
  4. THIS IS A POST OF FABULOUSNESS. It just is. And you're a lot taller than me, so there's that. OH, but I had totally forgotten about Horrible Histories until know!! Oh gosh, we must've had like...TONS of them at one stage and then we sold them all in a moment of blindness. They were my favourite way to learn history. Did you ever watch the tv show? I liked that too. Hehe. It was gross and awesome. *ahem*
    I am sorry about your guinea pig though. :( My parents refuse to let us have pets because they say it's too traumatic when they die. Don't think I agree...but it is really hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for another Horrible Histories fan! Sad you got rid of the books, but yes, I've watched the TV show (5 seasons and all) and still find it educational with that right dose of humour ;)

      Delete
  5. This post was so great Genie, I loved getting to know more about you! Oh my gosh how delicious are pods? I MUST DISCOVER THAT CHOCO CORN NOW. I'm so sorry to hear your beloved guinea pig passed away :( it's good you've got one of them left. I totally agree for Harry Potter, yay for fellow HP fans! You are amazing too Genie *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear you liked it Jeann :) Pods are extremely delicious (especially the Snickers flavoured ones I find - but really they're all pretty amazing). *high fives* Harry Potter fans unite!

      Delete
  6. You like The Paper Kites! You have wonderful taste in music, Eugenia :D Bloom is pretty much my favourite song of all time. *happy sigh*

    Your guinea pigs are simply adorable and that picture has stoked the flames of my once-prominent desire to have a guinea pig.

    Horrible Histories books were amazing! I used to love the show, too (when it was animated, not the new series garbage that has HUMANS in it).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Bloom is one of my favourite tracks by them - it has such a light and happy feel to it. I was lucky I caught my guinea pigs at a rare photogenic moment at that time (usually it's just them wandering around and eating carrots or something). So glad to hear you're also a HH fan! The books were definitely amazing and made history that much more enjoyable on paper.

      Delete
  7. Total approval for your music choice. We're one in the same ;)
    I used to turn around all the time when I thought I heard my name but now I just can't be bothered anymore. Which is totally awkward when they are calling me xD Thanks for sharing :DD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I guess those situations are just 'one of those things' that will always happen in life - but at least I'm not the only one! Thanks for visiting Jess :)

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment below - I love reading them!