The Narnian Book Tag

Thursday 16 April 2015

I recently came across this tag created by Rachel @ Booktastic Reviews and as a fellow Narnia fan I thought it would be fun to do a post for it!

1) King Peter the Magnificent - A book which stands out in its genre.



Searching for Sky by Gillian Cantor 

18594477

I've never read something as unique as this before, so it definitely gets the tick for this category because it is so memorable.

2) Queen Susan the Gentle - A book which is underrated.



Spark by Rachael Craw

20950716

I've raved on about this book a lot, because it genuinely is an awesome read. Sci-fi + contemporary + superhuman abilities = amazing. 

3) King Edmund the Just - A book that took a while to hook you in.



Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

17878931

Okay, so this did take a while to really get into the action, but when it did - WOW.

4) Queen Lucy the Valiant - An on-going series you're loyal to.



The Matilda Saga by Jackie French

962228623449436

I've loved this series from the beginning with A Waltz for Matilda, and I just know that every book so far has been perfection - and so the next one must be too! Jackie French never disappoints.

5) Aslan, the Great Lion - A powerful book that stuck with you.



We All Looked Up by Tommy Walllach

24685506

It's hard to pick one, but most recently We All Looked Up made quite an impact on me - it stayed in my mind for days afterwards.

6) Jadis, the White Witch - A book with a synopsis that deceived you.



Atlantia by Ally Condie

23464372

Yep, I did think this one was going to be about mermaids. But I was oh so wrong.

7) Mr and Mrs Beaver - Your comfort reads.

15 Life Lessons Learned from Narnia

Harry Potter Series & The Rosie Black Chronicles by Lara Morgan 

721939303291

I don't do a lot of comfort reading these days, but when I do these are two series which I love and don't mind going back to.

8) Mr Tumnus - A book with a surprising twist.



Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

21480931

I could have put Dangerous Girls or We Were Liars in here, but I went with Gone Girl - simply because despite my best efforts in trying to cover all the bases with what could have happened, I still didn't see that twist coming.

9) Cair Paravel - A book with a beautiful message.


How We Deal With Gravity by Ginger Scott

21945638

I could pick out any one of Ginger Scott's novels for this, all of which have their own important underlying messages. This one is a stand-out about resilience, trust and being open to beginning again when people change.

10) The Land of Narnia - Your favourite fantasy world.

15 Life Lessons Learned from Narnia

The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski

16069030

Confession: I don't read a lot of fantasy - and certainly not much high fantasy either (if you have good recs to convert me then let me know in the comments!). However, I can say that I love the world Marie Rutkoski has created in her series so far - the worldbuilding is rich, opulent and intriguing.

I Tag:

 Emily @ Loony Literate
Kelly @ Diva Booknerd

16 comments :

  1. 3. I never actually got into Red Queen. :( I finished the whole book feeling pretty meh. But I'm glad you eventually got into it!
    10. Eep, yes! I just love the historical, gorgeous setting of The Winner's Curse and I love it! <33

    Fabulous post, thanks for sharing. :)

    Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Amiee :) The Winner's Curse and The Winner's Crime are so great with the worldbuilding - it's definitely part of the reason why I love them so much!

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for tagging me! Can't wait to do it. This is a really great idea for a tag, and I so agree with Atlantia. the blurb promised sooo much more then we got. :( Good to hear that about red Queen, as I plan on reading that soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Tara - can't wait to see your post :)

      Delete
  3. Awww I love this tag!!!! NARNIA!!!! (Narnia was the first series I ever read...actually no I lie that was The Wishing Chair and the Magic Faraway Tree)
    I definitely agree with Spark! IT'S SO AWESOME!!!! It's definitely underrated!
    Thanks for sharing Eugenia!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha glad you liked this post Renee! I remember The Wishing Chair and the Magic Faraway Tree - good memories *cue nostalgia*
      Yay for the #SparkArmy!

      Delete
  4. Woo!! Thanks so much for doing it! I really want to read The Winner's Curse - everyone has such good things to say about it! ^-^

    & thanks so much for linking your post on my linky! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lots of fun to do - thanks for creating it Rachel! I hope you enjoy The Winner's Curse, it really is worth a read :)

      Delete
  5. HOORAY! Thanks for the tag poppet, I'm looking forward to doing this one soon. It's like you've read my mind. Atlantia *shakes fist in rage* what a disappointment that was. I assumed it was about mermaids too. The Winner's series is one of my favourites too and couldn't agree more about Spark being so underrated. For anyone who loved Vampire Academy, they should definitely give it a go. I loved it! I've actually never heard of How We Deal With Gravity, but I love the sound of it and that cover is just lovely. Brilliant tag poppet, looking forward to linking up and doing mine soon <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Kelly - I can't wait to see what you do with this tag :) I've never read Vampire Academy, though I'd be interested to see where the similarities between that and Spark lie! How We Deal With Gravity is such a moving read, it really takes NA to another level with a deeper meaning at heart.

      Delete
  6. This brilliant. And what a great list of books you have. I loved Searching For Sky, Spark, Red Queen, We All Looked Up and The Winner's Curse. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the post Rochelle! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  7. Yay, I had never seen Searching for Sky in a blog but I wanted to read it, so this makes me incredibly happy! Also, I'll go right away on GR to check that Spark out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear Frannie - I hope you enjoy it as much as I did :) Spark is also fantastic, it's really worth a read!

      Delete
  8. Man, I haven't watched Narnia in AGES. DID YOU KNOW THERE'S A THIRD MOVIE???

    I know how much of a Spark fan you are and I can't believe I haven't read it yet! SOOON I TELL YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither have I though I think I saw the third one 'Voyage of the Dawn Treader'? I do hope you read Spark soon and love it as much as I did!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment below - I love reading them!