Top Ten Tuesday: 2016 releases I meant to read...but didn't

Tuesday 10 January 2017



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish. It seems to be an almost inevitable reality that all the shiny new releases we plan to read every year don't all make the cut. That being said, I'm hoping that I'll be able to make room for these 2016 titles this year!

YA Novels


1. Gemina by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman


Given how much I loved Illuminae, I think I just wanted to save this one for a time when I know I'll need a book I can dive into and not be able to stop reading it. NOW is the time!

2. The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heiling


Time travel and...what looks like pirate ships? I can't wait to eventually read this YA debut which seems like a real adventure.

3. Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman


Another book with a pirate theme happening - that could be promising.

4. The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon


There has been ALL THE HYPE for this book, and (Everything, Everything which I also need to read). Is it time to see what makes these books so noteworthy?

5. Replica by Lauren Oliver


There were some mixed reviews for this one, but I really enjoyed Lauren Oliver's Delirium series so would like to see whether Replica is as good. 

Adult Novels by Australian Authors

6. Goodwood by Holly Throsby


I've actually just started this and am liking it so far - big drama in a small Australian town, and the mystery is already beginning to unfold. 

7. An Isolated Incident by Emily Maguire


This is also set in a small Australian community with a murder mystery rocking its core. This psychological thriller looks like it could really hit the mark for a riveting read. 

8. Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty


I have come to appreciate Moriarty's slightly satirical and witty writing style, which hopefully comes through in this book. 

9. Where the Trees Were by Inga Simpson


I love books which can capture a sense of place in a poignant way, and Where the Trees Were looks like a book which could do just that. 

10. The High Places by Fiona Mcfarlane


I've been getting more interested in reading short story collections lately, and this one described 'with a particular lens on human behaviour' is intriguing.


Have you read any of the books on this list?


7 comments :

  1. I see a few books here that I didn't get to in 2016 as well. The Sun is Also A Star is really great, so I hope you'll get to it this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the top Joy - I really do hope to read that soon! So many books, so little time, but at least we can *try* and make it work.

      Delete
  2. Gemina was fantastic, so I hope you end up enjoying them as much as I did when you get a chance to read it. :) Thanks for sharing, and, as always, fantastic post! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard ALL THE AMAZING THINGS about it so I really hope it lives up to that (though I'm sure it will!). Thanks Zoe :)

      Delete
  3. You and me both for Gemina for sure!! *flails because wants to read it so bad yet has not* đŸ˜‚ I reeeeally loved The Girl From Everywhere and Blackhearts though so I hope you try them sometime! PIRATES. MY LOVES. <3 And I was going to read Replica but then I borrowed it from the library and it was MASSIVE and I chickened out.đŸ˜‚

    (Also your blog is just SO GORGEOUS omg. I might say that every time I'm here but...it's just soooo pretty I can't stop staring. <3)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely refreshing to see more pirate books around!
      And thank you so much - I'm glad you like it :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of these either! Gemina is one I need to read ASAP... I also want to get my hands on The Girl from Everywhere one day

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment below - I love reading them!