Genie's Weekly News (51)

Sunday 31 July 2016


It's the last day of the uni holidays, and I write this after coming home from a very busy day at work - no surprise since it's 'Harry Potter release day'! It of course doesn't have quite the hype of another book being released, but I'll be happy to see how it compares anyway.

*Reading Right Now*

17837607

I've just started this second book in The Industry series by Rose Foster and can't wait to see where it goes.

*Previous Posts*
*Recommendation of the Week*

30051803

I really enjoyed reading about all the delicious recipes in this one (and you know, the story is pretty good too).

*From The Interwebs*

*Haul*

29056083

What a day to be a bookseller! Being one of the first people to open those boxes at 9:01am for Harry Potter and The Cursed Child is definitely a highlight. We sold out pretty quickly, as I'm sure many other places did as well - no surprises there considering the hype! I'll get to reading this one ASAP - I need to know how it compares to the rest of the series. 

*#LoveOzYA Blog Hop*

Aussie YA Blog Hop Banner

Myself and the other moderators of the Australian YA Bloggers and Readers group are hosting a blog hop for Australian and New Zealand YA! You can sign up and find more information at the original post by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence here.

*What I've Been Watching*


Since Versailles hasn't aired yet, I've gone the complete opposite into scifi/speculative TV shows and films. Black Mirror is disconcerting and unpredictable, and Ex Machina although definitely interesting (and perhaps more than a little creepy) left me wanting more from the ending. I'd give both of these 4/5 stars. Quick question - would you guys be interested in TV/film reviews on the blog as well?


What are some of your favourite TV series?


No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment below - I love reading them!