Kiss, Marry or Kill - Book Characters

Saturday 27 September 2014


Hi there bookworms! So today Stephanie from Chasm of Books and I have something different to share with you *insert dramatic music* We are going to be playing the 'kiss, marry or kill' game with some book characters that we have chosen for each other. Now lets just say...this is going to be interesting.

*Gifs included where appropriate for your viewing convenience*

ROUND 1



Characters for Eugenia:

Henry Fitzroy from Brazen
Kiss - At the beginning of the book he may have seemed immature, but he was quite sweet, knew how to recite poetry, and didn’t act like an idiot like most of the men in court.

Nate from This is Falling
Marry - Not only is he awesome book-boyfriend material, but he also has a great bond with  his brother Ty. He has a great sense of humour and is passionate about both doing well academically in college and his sport.


Gat Patil from We Were Liars

Undecided - For those of you who have read the book, you would understand why (and I can't say too much or I'll just end up giving the plot away!). To be honest, it would have been difficult to get to know Gil. He was quite philosophical and intelligent, but with the way things turned out it would lead me questioning his character.



Characters for Stephanie:

Chaol from Throne of Glass
Wow. This is so hard. When I first saw my lists, I freaked out. Eugenia is goooood. I don’t even know… seriously, all right. *deep breath* As much as I love, love, love Chaol I’m going to have to say kiss for him. He gives me all the feels but I’ve decided to look at this as practically as possible and Chaol would just be too tough for me and I would be too wimpy for him. Celaena and Chaol belong together.

Marry. All the way, marry him. Let’s be realistic. Kestral was kind of awful to him and Arin still helped her. Arin is sweet on the inside and handsome... *cuddles*

Sebastian love.gif

Four from Divergent
Kill. I blame this mostly on the Divergent movie because now, no matter how hard I try, I still see Pamuk as Four instead of the real character. I liked Four, but if I have to choose which one goes, it’s going to be him. Besides, he’s more brutal than Chaol if you ask me - less sensitive.


ROUND 2

Characters for Eugenia:

Blaze from State of Grace
Kiss - You’ve got to hand it to Blaze, in that that he actually stood up for what seemed logical in a world where not much did. He was pretty brave and looked out for Wren, so I suppose he could be deemed kiss-worthy.

Cormac from A Breath of Frost
Kiss - I have to admit, I may have swooned on more than one occasion when Cormac appeared in the book, and he did his best to look out for Emma and her friends. He's just got that charming regency allure which you just can't help but admire. 



Harvey from Side Effects May Vary
Kiss/Marry - I'm actually a bit torn about Harvey, because on the one hand he is so nice and adorable, but on the other hand he did seem like a bit of a pushover, but then again that may have been because he cared about Alice so much. Gah - these sorts of character analyses do my head in! All in all though, he'd be the type of guy you'd really want to get to know first before going into a relationship. 



                              Characters for Stephanie:

Morpheus from Splintered
Yet another very difficult choice, but I’m going to have to say only kiss for Morpheus. Don’t get me wrong, fellow mothlings, I love him as well but we all know he’s manipulative and, seriously, that would get old. Fast.

Prince Maxon from The Selection
Marry. Maxon is sweet and kind. He’s understand and forgiving. He’s handsome and wonderful. I love him. He’s just all around perfect and I miss reading about him. All the way, people. Maxon all the way.

Sebastian love 3.gif

Percy Jackson from The Heroes of Olympus

Kill. I actually don’t hate Percy. Really. I hate Annabeth, but that’s beside the point. If I have to choose, Percy goes bye, bye. I like him well enough but Percy is immature and really doesn’t compare to any of the other swoony boys up there. He’s more friend material.


Would you make the same choices with the characters we picked? What other characters would you kiss, marry or kill?

16 comments :

  1. I love this post, and I agree with what you said about Prince Maxon in The Selection trilogy! I JUST LOVE HIM HAHA :'D I wish he was real, though. I love this post!! It's very interesting :)

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, there were some hard combos there...but kill Four?!! NOOOOO! I definitely think he's more brutal/less sensitive than Chaol though. Oh poor little Chaol. I still couldn't understand how he freaked over killing a man. I mean, wasn't he captain of the guard?? Job description: kill people?? Pfft. But whatever. I still love 'im.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, if I have to chose, Four is gone. Chaol is just... *content sigh*

      Delete
  3. Steph. You did not just say kill to Percy. NOPE. NOPE NOPENOPENOPE. You actually meant Maxon or Morpheus, yes? YES?

    Anyhoo, this was really interesting. The one with Arin and Chaol must have been reaaaaal tough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Yup. Percy goes. Maxon and Morpheus definitely stay. Arin and Chaol were actually surprisingly easy to choose between.

      Delete
  4. I really need to vary the books I read, I have no idea who half these characters are! But Morpheus... MARRY! I know, I know, he's untrustworthy, sly and wants to cause trouble, but there's something so incredibly sexy about him. Hands down my number one is Warner from Shatter Me. Good grief he's hot *stares wistfully into the distance*

    Great selection girls <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, in truth, yeah... Morpheus probably would be a very, very good contender in person. He has ALL THE CHARISMA.

      Delete
  5. Ooooh the choices! But....as much I agree with Stephanie, manipulative or not, I'd probably fall into Morpheus' trap and marry him. I know...probably not the best life decision out there :b

    Jess @ My Reading Dress

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so funny because I haven't heard of a single book from the Eugenia's picks section but all from Stephanie's xD Guess I have some reading to do, looks like I'm missing out on some interesting characters!

    Team Morpheus! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol hope you do get to reading some of those Alise - I still need to read Splintered!

      Delete
  7. Some hard choices here ladies!! Although, I must admit that I haven't read half of these books.. oops. Hmmmm, not to sound like I'm from the Hunger Games or anything, but I would hands down kill Harvey (Side Effects May Vary) on sight, I absolutely hated him (and every other character) in that book.
    Ohhhh Chaol and Cormac!!! I would definitely marry Chaol and kiss Cormac (only if I had to choose lol)
    I definitely get what you're talking about with the whole Gat thing, very very complicated..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fair enough - unlikable characters can be the make-or-break in some cases when reading! And yes, the Gat thing made it IMPOSSIBLE to choose (considering the circumstances)

      Delete
  8. Ooh such a fun idea! I've seen this around lots on tumblr and booktube, but not around the blogosphere - I'm definitely going to have to do my own version on my blog. Thanks for sharing, girls! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see other bloggers do something like this too - it'd definitely be interesting to see some different perspectives on characters.

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment below - I love reading them!