Top Ten Tuesday: Books on my Autumn TBR

Tuesday 17 March 2015



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by bloggers at The Broke and the BookishThis week I've  picked the top ten books on my Autumn TBR (though for you northern hemisphere peeps - you are lucky that it's spring!) 


1. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas


16096824


This is an after-exams treat I'm saving!

2. We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach


24685506


This looks really promising, looking forward to getting to it..

3. The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey


22585896


Awesome cover + amazing fantasy premise = an excited Eugenia.

4. The Haunting of Sunshine Girl by Paige McKenzie


21413855


There's nothing like reading a scary story when the weather is colder and a storm is brewing.

5. The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker

2365252813447533

Though I did read it a few years ago when it first came out, I really do want to revisit this story since I loved it the first time round. Not sure how I feel about this new cover though - what do you prefer, the new paperback (left) or hardcover (right)?

6. The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes


17185496

This sounds so intriguing and poetic - can't wait to read it!

7. The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski

23276983

Another after-exam book to look forward to! I've been hearing good things about this already.

8. Year of Mistaken Discoveries by Eileen Cook


18051087

I've got this contemporary to review and it sounds like a moving read. 

9. Night Film by Marisha Pessl


10112885

ALL THE PRAISE is what I've heard about this from a few Aussie bloggers whose opinion I trust, so I think it'll finally be time to experience this book for myself!

10. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick


12294652

A cute romance to round things off is a great way to welcome Autumn (plus this has been sitting on my bookshelf for way too long).

What are some books on your Spring/Autumn TBR?

18 comments :

  1. ACOTAR is on mine too Eugenia, I'm both nervous and excited about, hugely! I'm tempted by Night Film, but I'm still not sure, haven't heard huge thinks about it.. I've got some big series I'm tackling this Spring, get some full series read, Divergent, Uglies, that kind of thing, I'm nervous and excited all at the same time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Amanda - the expectations are so high! Those series are good, hope you enjoy them :)

      Delete
  2. Oh I really want to read The Girl At Midnight. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read it either Cynthia, it looks SO GOOD.

      Delete
  3. I've heard alot about We All Looked Up Lately (and ACOTAR too). Some of the other books here, I haven't even heard, but they look excellent! My TBR list is growing daily...I don't think I'll *ever* get through all the amazing books in the world...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - all good things! Mine is too - there is so much out there :)

      Delete
  4. I've been saving ACOTAR too. I know I'll love it, and when I feel myself heading into that dreaded book slump, I plan on cracking it open and fangirling with everyone else. I'm so excited to see what you think of My Life Next Door, I absolutely loved it. The family next door are loud, proud and it really gives you the warm and fuzzies. I really hope you love it as much as I did. My TBR pile was always less than 150, in the last 6 months it's absolutely EXPLODED. I see a review and add everything! It's costing me a bloody fortune.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same - that sounds like a good plan Kelly! I'm really looking forward to something nice and fluffy/heartwarming, great to hear you loved it! Haha I do that as well - there's so much to be excited about!

      Delete
  5. NIGHT FILM, EUGENIA! NIGHT FILM!!!

    Other than that, I can't wait for you to get to ACOTAR! It's a really good one! I actually didn't know Miracle of Ages had another cover. I actually prefer the HC, I don't like humans on my cover, that's why hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hearing you Jess, I'll get to it in the holidays :) I prefer the hardcover as well :)

      Delete
  6. OOOH yes yes yes to The Winner's Crime and My Life Next Door!!! *claps* So... be honest... do you like the red dress cover on TWC or the blue one (like it is here in the US) better?

    And to Diva above, I say: #Bookloveproblems ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh Jessica that's a tough question...though if I *had* to choose...well I honestly can''t! I love the striking blue and how it contrasts with the pink in the first book, though the red has it's own merits as well.

      Delete
  7. Ohh I was wondering why this said Autumn! I am actually planning to read We All Looked Up later on this month as well, which makes me look forward to it a lot! Oh, and I also am reading The Winner's Curse right now :D

    Check out my post: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2015/03/fantasy-favourites-read-thon-goal.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yesss there are so many wonderful books here which I know you'll enjoy, The Winner's Crime, ACOTAR. I have a few that I'll be reading as well, We All Looked Up (you should join our group discussion!), Night Film (picking up really soon). Hopefully you find some new loves Genie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay that makes me even more excited to read them :) Thanks for letting me know about the group discussion, I'll definitely join in once I've started the book!

      Delete
  9. Okay I haven't read any of these except for THE WINNER'S CRIME and ohmgosh Eugenia, you have to read it ASAP. It's so full of EVERYTHING - even if some of those things annoyed em to no end because PAIN and ARIN AND KESTREL and GAH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eep I know! It sounds SO AMAZING. I'll get to it really soon I promise :)

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment below - I love reading them!