Waiting on Wednesday: The Roanoke Girls

Wednesday 8 March 2017


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where the participants tell their readers about an upcoming release they are waiting to read. This week I've picked The Roanoke Girls by Amy Engel.



A gripping, provocative thriller about the twisted secrets families keep, perfect for fans of The Girls.

Beautiful. Rich. Mysterious. Everyone wants to be a Roanoke girl. But you won't when you know the truth.

Lane Roanoke is fifteen when she comes to live with her grandparents and fireball cousin at the Roanoke family's rural estate following the suicide of her mother. Over one long, hot summer, Lane experiences the benefits of being one of the rich and beautiful Roanoke girls.

 But what she doesn't know is being a Roanoke girl carries a terrible legacy: either the girls run, or they die.

For there is darkness at the heart of Roanoke, and when Lane discovers its insidious pull, she must make her choice...

I'm fortunate enough to have a copy of this book for review, and can't wait to see how its compelling secrets come to light. To see this compared to The Girls by Emma Cline which was one of my top reads last year definitely makes for some high expectations!

Releasing 14th March 2017 from Hachette

8 comments :

  1. I haven't read The Girls, so I'm not familiar with the comparison. I hope you'll enjoy this one, nevertheless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely check it out - the writing is beautiful. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Eugenia! Thanks for bringing this to my attention, it looks like an awesome read. Especially if it's been compared to the likes of The Girls, which I haven't read but have been recommended endlessly. I hope it lives up to your expectations. Happy reading!

    PS. Your header and blog design is to die for *insert heart-eye emoji*.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too Sunny, I'll be starting it soon and will be reviewing it here to share my thoughs :) Thanks so much!

      Delete
  3. Oh wowsers, this sounds absolutely brilliant! I love YA thrillers that make your skin crawl and heart beat out of your chest. I'm on board with this! Definitely adding this one. Thanks for putting it on my radar sweetheart <3 Looking forward to seeing your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I'm thinking that this really could be a page-turner for sure.

      Delete
  4. I haven't heard of this before but i'm intrigued! I hope it's suitably creepy and thrilling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - from the looks of things so far it's definitely heading in that direction!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment below - I love reading them!