2016 AusYA Bloggers Secret Santa Blog Hop!

Saturday 10 December 2016




1. What are your top 5 favourite books this year?

This question is always such a difficult one to answer! Since the next one is specifically for Aussie YA I'll try to pick some of my other favourites here:


  • The Simple Act of Reading by Debra Adelaide and Others
  • The Diabolic by SJ Kincaid
  • You Will Know Me by Megan Abbott
  • Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
  • The Natural Way of Things by Charlotte Wood

2. What are your top 5 favourite Aussie YA books this year?

It's been another fabulous year for #LoveOzYA - with a few books from authors I've already come to know and love, and some new ones too. 

  • Summer Skin by Kirsty Eagar
  • The Yearbook Committee by Sarah Ayoub
  • The Ghost by the Billabong by Jackie French
  • My Best Friend is a Goddess by Tara Eglington
  • Shield (Spark #3) by Rachael Craw (let's say NZ counts here)


3. How did you go with your Goodreads challenge?

I didn't get to read quite as much as I had hoped this year with uni work added to the mix, but I am glad that that I got to expand my horizons and try some adult lit as well. 

4. What is your favourite blogging moment of 2016?

Once again going to TeenCon at the Sydney Writer's Festival was a definite highlight! It was also fantastic to go to the HarperCollins and Hachette Christmas Roadshow events to get a glimpse at what's coming up next year as well. 

5. What are your blogging goals for 2017?

To post as regularly as possible and keep doing the best I can to get the word out about the books which deserve positive recognition. I also hope to read even more #LoveOzYA titles...which brings me to the next question!

6. What books are you looking forward to in 2017?


  • Remind Me How This Ends by Gabrielle Tozer
  • Begin, End, Begin - a #LoveOzYA Anthology
  • Carve The Mark by Veronica Roth
  • Caraval by Stephanie Garber
  • Speak of Me As I Am by Sonia Belasco

7. What is your favourite thing about the Aussie YA community?  

Seeing how well we celebrate our own local talent and come together to discuss the reads we've been passionate about. Whether it's in a twitter discussion, blog comment or in person, there's always a new recommendation to be found. 

Leave 3 clues for your santee below!

1. You are from a different state to me
2. You have a co-blogger

3. You're a big fan of tea

No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment below - I love reading them!