Hi everyone! For a little while now I've been thinking about starting my own blog feature to not only add more variety to my posts here, but also give you all a chance to get involved. And so, I introduce you to 'Title Tangents'!
How The Idea Came About
Going through my old boxes of school things for storage, I came across some old exercise books from primary school. Each week with our 'spelling words' we had to choose a certain number and use them to include in a paragraph. Well, instead of making this 'homework', I thought why not take a bookish spin on it and inspire some more creativity!
How It Works
- Every two weeks there will be a list of 5-10 books whose titles you have to somehow integrate into a paragraph of ~ 200 words. This is just a rough guide, if you are a little under/over it's up to you :) (I don't think anyone is going to be sitting there counting the words on the screen, and definitely not me!)
- Highlight/use a different coloured font for the titles
- The fun thing is, it can be as whimsical or realistic, serious or downright hilarious - the situations those titles find themselves have endless possibilities. The characters, settings, and whether there's dialogue or not are entirely your choices
- Take a screenshot/type up your paragraph
- Link back to Genie In A Book with the blog banner on your post
- There will be an optional theme each week, such as book titles from a particular genre, author, series etc. which I'll put to a vote
This Week's Selection
My Title Tangents
Vote for Next Week's Theme
Share Your Title Tangents!